Promoted by UNIFE (Union of the European Railway Industries) and supported by system integrators and equipment manufacturers, the International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) is unique to the railway industry and is an extension of the internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality standard.
Its main purpose of IRIS, is to raise the quality and reliability of manufactured rolling stock by requiring suppliers to comply with strict and common procedures resulting in improvements throughout the supply chain.
Bureau Veritas Certification is the first global independent certification body to receive IRIS accreditation from UNIFE.
Ensure the Safety and Reliability of Your Rail Systems
Rely on safety and compliance to provide a better quality of service
The rail transportation sector is a core industry - vital to every other sector of the economy. It has a crucial role to play in the shift towards sustainability as current transport systems depend largely on natural resources.
Railway constructions involve many stakeholders from constructors and their suppliers to transport authorities, which usually means a multitude of requirements to satisfy.
Bureau Veritas can help you assess the achievement of safety requirements and monitor your rail system performance while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards or technical specifications.
Let us be your partner to continuously improve the quality of your rail systems.
Bureau Veritas Rail Systems Services Can Include:
- ISA: Independent Safety Assessment in compliance with CENELEC 50126, 50128 & 50129
- Notified Body for interoperability directive 2008/57/EC (compliance with Technical Specifications for Interoperability)
- ICE: Independent Checking Engineer or ICP: Independent Competent Person
- Conformity assessment according to national safety regulations
Technical and safety assistance
Assessment/Certification for bids and projects throughout each phase of your project (design, process, studies, manufacturing, inspection and maintenance)
RAMS: Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety Studies
Conformity Assessment of rail tanks against TPED and RID under delegation by Competent Authorities
To help actors in the rail sector meet compliance requirements including interoperability, quality and safety while reducing risk, Bureau Veritas offers a wide range of certification services:
- Certification of SIL (Safety Integrity level) as per CENELEC 50126, 50128 & 50129
- IRIS Certification (International Railway Industry Standard)
- ECM:Certification of Entities in Charge of Maintenance
- Certification of welding manufacturers according to EN 15085 (European Standard)
- Complete management system assessment
Bureau Veritas also performs certification services to verify compliance against QHSE (Quality, Health & Safety, Environment) standards.
Bureau Veritas - Solutions for the Rail Industry